Reconstruction: America After the Civil War Season 1 Part 2, Hour 2
The turn of the century is known as the ‘nadir’ of race relations, when white supremacy was ascendant and African Americans faced both physical and psychological oppression. Racist imagery saturated popular culture and Southern propaganda manipulated the story of the Civil War and Reconstruction. But African Americans found ways to fight back, using artistic expression to put forward a “New Negro” for a new century.
- Episode Number 4
- DVD Season & Episode Number
- Absolute Episode Number
- Originally Aired Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Production Code
- Writers Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- Guest Stars
- Is Movie
- Last Updated By mwodzynskicvd
- Last Updated 04/17/2019 2:28am